The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Monday, November 21, 2005

Name calling - the logic substitute

One of the most irritating things I see in the blogosphere is what people are using in their posts as a substitute for a reasoned argument. There are many posts where the points being made are SOLELY supported by name calling. This is such a waste of time to wade through, not to mention a waste of space to house it. I am glad I have not so far had much of this on my blog, but I see it all of the time reading others. The blogosphere is a wonderful idea, but my point is that it is diminished by this kindergarten activity. While everyone has the right to this free speech, we would all enjoy the blogging experience more if there were less of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home