The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Land Dispute in Pakistan Leads to Death of Baby for Christian Famil

From the weekly email newsletter of Voice of the Martyrs here is a sad story of persecution in Pakistan:

The persecution facing Christians in Pakistan frequently comes from a Lack of equal treatment by authorities. Such appears to be the case for the family of Mansha Masih in the village of Gadi Wind in the Kasur District south of Lahore.

Mansha and his family are poor labourers. He lives in a home that has been in the family for forty years. Recently, however, a prominent Muslim businessman named Nazar Mohammad has laid claim to the property. The dispute is currently before the courts but that did not stop Nazar from taking matters into his own hands, apparently with the approval of the authorities.

According to a report received from VOMC sources on June 26, Mansha's wife, Arshad Bibi, was alone at home with their two-year-old daughter and newborn son when Nazar Mohammad and several others, accompanied by some police officers, entered the home. They beat Arshad and began throwing the belongings out of their home and then bulldozed the building. Sadly, the newborn son was on a bed when it was thrown out of the house and died from chest injuries. When the baby was found dead, the police officers fled the scene.

When Mansha attempted to file a complaint on the incident with the local police, the police superintendent threatened him if he said anything. Mansha then took the baby's body to the hospital, but Nazar was already there speaking with the doctor and consequently, the death was ruled to be from starvation. The family is now left without a home and Nazar has begun construction on the land.

For more information on the persecution of Christians in Pakistan, go
to www.persecution.net/country/pakistan.htm.

Another injustice that is apparantly too small to appear on anyone's radar screen except VOM's and mine.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger HRM Deborah of Israel and the Messenger of Peace said…

    Even as far back as the days of Mahatma Gandhi, who if I remember correctly was trying to have equality among all religions in the area and at this time was when Pakistan was created to separate Hindu from Muslim because many Muslims where being killed, that while I did not find it on the site you mentioned; I wonder if it isn’t the Hindu’s doing this to the Christians?

    I do know especially the last few years that Hindu’s have been committing attacks within the Pakistani boarder which this whole situation I have never fully understood even though I have had many brother’s try to explain.

    Personally, I have never felt that any kind of violence in the name of religion was acceptable; because of my firm ideals on religious respect.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    As the story states "a prominent Muslim businessman named Nazar Mohammad" I would assume it is not Hindu related.

    This story came to me in a newsletter email so I only linked to the main website. I am not sure if they show these items in both places. I subscribed to their monthly publication for one year and it is beyond belief the suffering that Christians around the world endure from several sources (religious and secular). I don't bring it up in an inflammatory manner. Just to do my part to bump such things on the radar of others. You just don't see these stories in the mainstream.

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger HRM Deborah of Israel and the Messenger of Peace said…

    I agree this is not mainstream is why I was surprised you had such an article, like I said I have known of many terrible events for a time.

    As for Nazar doing something bad to the farmers, I am wondering yet if it had religious connects or Nasar was just a bad man that wanted his property back.

    Otherwise, what I am trying to say it had nothing to do with religion just that there is some good and bad people in this world. Just right not with all the religious tensions you are going to see I think all kinds of stories without the whole background of the story, I am so sorry to say.

    I even hear bad things said about Christians and to be honest the Christians I know, I take it the same way as this story.

    I feel bad that the baby died, especially these days with my children in danger and the possibility of another child on the way.

    Just to much sorrow these days.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    I doubt if it is directly related to religion. However, I have read some stories where because one is a Christian they do not enjoy the same legal rights as those who are part of the state recognized religion. When it comes to one's word against another sometimes religion is the tie-breaker.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger HRM Deborah of Israel and the Messenger of Peace said…

    Well dear it is happening also among Muslims having to deal with racism because they are not of the main stream religion in certain countries especially now with many people questioning the whole religion for the few because of such things as 9/11and I not only have read; but been witness to these terrible things.

    What makes this story look bad to me is because Islam teaches respect for religion, as my understanding of Christianity does and with such as this is where people get one or the other must be no good, not look at the simple fact like Nasar being Simon LaGree; making a donkey out of himself.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    Love your reference to Simon Legree. I have not read Uncle Tom's Cabin, but saw the short and Asianized version of it in The King and I :)

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger HRM Deborah of Israel and the Messenger of Peace said…

    You’re very welcome, I have to admit I am well read and as I said in all people or religions there is good and bad; it has nothing to do with religion itself but the individual person in cases such as this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home