The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mike Malloy fired to dupe the masses?

Leftist radio Air America has just fired Mike Malloy. According to Mike Malloy's website:
There will be no Mike Malloy program today - or any day - on Air America Radio as we have been terminated. We are told its a financial decision.

We are as shocked as you are, especially since as recently as last Tuesday we were told we had the go-ahead to announce our return to NY airwaves and that our contract was "on the way."

We are told its a financial decision.

More details to follow as we hear them ourselves.
Newsbusters.org presents the sentiments of a few lefties from Democratic Underground:

"I will not be listening to AAR if mike is not part of their line-up, I love Randi but not enough to tune in to an outlet that is destroying itself from within."

"I predict that Firing Malloy will be the end of Air America."

"Air America is dead to me."

"Shultz, Franken and the rest of the remaining lot ... are nothing but useless boring idiots IMO."
My take on this is that the demise of Air America has been happening for a long time. The only thing keeping it alive are periodic cash infusions from wealthy lefties. In my opinion this firing is a pre-emptive strike against themselves. When Air America finally goes down in flames, the history rewriters will point to Malloy's firing as the main cause. This is in contrast to the real causes Air America will go down: lack of talent and lack of sanity. I have listened to Air America from time to time. What is funny is that all of the other hosts make Jerry Springer look normal. Far left views simply cannot stand up to the format of Talk Radio. What works so well at making conservatives look good, makes the Air America liberals look like venom spewing quacks that are seething with hatred. Somebody wants a different reason for Air America to fail than the real reasons. So Malloy is the fallguy. No matter, they will all be given pink slips before long.

9 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Joe Smoe: American Citizen said…

    "This is in contrast to the real causes Air America will go down: lack of talent and lack of sanity."



    And I suppose that Bill O'reilly and FOX NEWS are Sane and everything that appears on it and that FLACCID JUNKIE Flush Limplard's show is fact driven and rational...get real.

    All lovers of ALL things Bush and GOP please read the following and take it to heart. Especially those of you in Inbred Red State American that have seen your jobs shipped overseas or taken by a Mexican under the BUSHCO REGIME.

    As far as Nov.,The answer is easy, vote your pocket book and you surly will find the GOP and their Terror mongering THUGS lacking or maybe you like a lackluster economy, high energy prices, record Bankruptcies and foreclosures, and no insurance????


    If you're stupid, don't vote

    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/282754_firstperson28.html

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    Joe,

    I am convinced that you and RWA have been hired by Karl Rove to drive any rational fence sitters far away from the left. I shouldn't blow your cover, though.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Joe Smoe: American Citizen said…

    I know that I am the voice of reason..at least... and that the stuff that I point out should be obvious to all and of course can be backed up. As far as the other guy,RWA, he writes what he wants. But, hey I have no affiliation with Rove as he has nothing to Crow about for the GOP and is going back to the same old BS scare tactics. I mean you guys can't run on the economy or Iraq so might as well go with scaring the S### out of the Soccer moms and the Rural Rubes.

    One thing RWA and I do agree on is that your pal Bush is running on a record of FAILURE.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger SkyePuppy said…

    Joe,

    It's always so refreshing to see all the new ways you find of insulting and name-calling the big names on the Right. Each time I come back here and see your name across the top of a comment, I know I'm in for some great entertainment.

    I listened to Randi Rhodes once (it was all I could take) during the run-up to the 2004 election, and it was pure anger--creeping over into venom on occasion--on her part and that of her callers. At least Fox News has mostly civil discussions.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Joe Smoe: American Citizen said…

    //SkyePuppy said...
    Joe,

    It's always so refreshing to see all the new ways you find of insulting and name-calling the big names on the Right. Each time I come back here and see your name across the top of a comment, I know I'm in for some great entertainment.//

    Gee, thanks that comes pretty naturally as I was raised with all those SWEETHEARTS on the east coast.


    //I listened to Randi Rhodes once (it was all I could take) during the run-up to the 2004 election, and it was pure anger--creeping over into venom on occasion--on //

    I agree, Evertime I see her on Lou Dobbs I fast forward as that B**** will not SHUT UP!



    // At least Fox News has mostly civil discussions.

    3:19 PM //

    Does that include that BLOW HARD Bill O'Reilly when he tells someone to SHUT UP???


    Isn't this convenient a couple of weeks out from the Mid Terms??? What's that cowboy Bush gonna do...kill them with HOT AIR???


    Bush says world faces 'grave
    threat' from Iran

    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/08/31/iran.deadline/index.html


    This sounds all so familiar...let me guess they have WMD's , we know where they are and we will be greeted as liberators....YAWN!!!!!

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    SkyePuppy,

    At first I tried to give Rhodes a fair shake thinking it was just her schtick, but it really became out of hand. She can induce a migraine within 5 minutes, and it is not because I disagree with her.

    I always was dumbfounded when the left accused Limbaugh and other conservative hosts of simply spewing hate. I have rarely heard a hateful tone from them for anything. But Air America just drips with hatred and venom. I will say that some of the time they dropped the venom act and had a few entertaining moments that even I enjoyed. Just as soon as I would get into it, the venom would begin to drip.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger LA Sunset said…

    AICS,

    //At first I tried to give Rhodes a fair shake thinking it was just her schtick, but it really became out of hand. She can induce a migraine within 5 minutes, and it is not because I disagree with her.//

    You should have seen Boortz clean her clock on the Larry King Show, awhile back. It was brilliant, Boortz is brilliant, Randi is not.

    Here it is.

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger SkyePuppy said…

    Joe,

    Bill O'Reilly is a bit too pompous for my taste. On Fox News, I like Brit Hume the best.

    Rush is too pompous too. Though someone I know said he got a wee bit more humble after his drug rehab, but I haven't listened to him since long before that. For the radio, I like Laura Ingraham and Hugh Hewitt.

    Though now that I've told you who I like, I imagine I'll see wanton attacks on them soon. (sigh!)

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    Annarkee Discordia,

    Cool name and welcome. However, I did not listen to Malloy enough to understand your comments on the kittens.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home