The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Welcome Confessions of a Closet Republican

It has been some time since I added a new blog link. For some time I have intended to add "Confessions of a Closet Republican". The blog is run by Incognito, an actress in the Arts who realizes that an alias is required to preserve her career - the "tolerant" Left and all.

I am quite slow and deliberate in adding links to my blog (outside of posts of course). It is hard to describe the criteria I use. It must be unique, interesting and intellectually appealing. There are many blogs that meet this criteria, so the rest is just that I arbitrarily like them for some reason. I try to link to blogs that readers of this blog might be interested in clicking to and reading regularly. I don't insist on full alignment of ideology, but I don't link too far left. I don't link just to reciprocate, nor do I expect those I link to reciprocate to me.

Incognito is pretty feisty and due to her many experiences truly adds spice to her discourse. I hope regular readers here will give her a click and read her blog often.

I feel a bit badly that when I added Malott and SkyePuppy I did not have time to write a welcome post for them. I mention them here. They are truly some of my favorite regular reading and they are friends here. Like me, they tend to attract some lively commenters and there is a definite element of fun in their comments.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger SkyePuppy said…

    Thanks! I'll have to check out Incognito.

    But for now, I'd like to find out when you'll be out in California for your son's graduation. Email me at skyepuppy-at-cox-dot-net. I'd love to meet you and your family, if you'll have some spare time while you're here. It's coming up soon, isn't it?

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Blogger Jacob said…

    The blog is run by Incognito, an actress in the Arts who realizes that an alias is required to preserve her career - the "tolerant" Left and all.

    Not entirely sure that her political views have any handle on her career, but it is a bit of a novelty to see a politically conservative person in theatre. I suppose people in theatre just assume that everyone around them is liberal. It's sort of like the way you wouldn't expect too many lefties in the army or on Fox News or something. It's a novelty, I'd agree, but I think she's being a bit precious about herself.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Incognito said…

    Thank you AICS! I am truly honored.

    Hello, Jacob.. I don't assume... I *know*, obviously, having been party to many conservative/republican/bush bashing conversations where I had to keep my mouth shut, or choose my battles carefully.

    And I wouldn't call it preciousness, just self-preservation. I know of people who have been blackballed because of their political views. I choose not to be one of those. But we are all entitled to our opinions... and you know what they say about those.. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home