The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

CFL or Ratings Booster

MSNBC has a story describing a package the maniac gunman Cho sent them before his rampage. According to the story:
The package included an 1,800-word manifesto-like statement diatribe in which he expresses rage, resentment and a desire to get even. The material is “hard-to-follow ... disturbing, very disturbing — very angry, profanity-laced,” Capus said in an interview late Wednesday afternoon.

The material does not include any images of the shootings Monday, but it does contain vague references.

“I didn’t have to do this. I could have left. I could have fled. But no, I will no longer run. It’s not for me. For my children, for my brothers and sisters that you [molest] — I did it for them,” Cho says on one of the videos.
So they have the package, they have viewed the contents and yet this story does not answer:

"rage, resentment" - AT WHO?
"a desire to get even" - WITH WHOM?
"I will no longer run" - FROM WHOM?
"For my children, for my brothers and sisters that you [molest]" - GETTING SUSPICIOUS BUT WHO IS HE TALKING ABOUT?

The story later says:
He does not name anyone specifically, but he mentions “hedonism” and Christianity, and he talks at length about his hatred of the wealthy.
Does he really rant and rave in 23 videos and an "1800 word manifesto" without clearly identifying the source of his rage other than generically hedonists, Christians and the wealthy? Is this what I call CFL (Central Field Loss) reporting where they avoid answering the most pressing questions? The NBC Nightly News will be airing portions tonight. Perhaps they are saving the answer to these questions until then. The absence of such answers in such a large package does not seem likely. If the Nightly News does not reveal the answers, it will certainly raise my suspicions why.

Update: NBC had their story and provided exerpts from the "manifesto". Now a day later, why has not the full script been made public? NBC had it. They had no problem showing some of it. Why not release all of it? Very, very strange.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home