The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Sunday, April 23, 2006

WV Senatorial race getting interesting

Roman Stauffer over at the West Virginians for a Republican Majority blog has been reporting on the senate race. He has been talking about the likely challenger to Robert Byrd this fall for Senate. His recent post is entitled Raese vs. Byrd: Suddenly Nobody is Laughing. According to the Huntington News Network:
But while Raese achieving nominee status again was assumed, many thought that the former State GOP Chairman was simply "vying for the honor of losing to Byrd in the fall." But suddenly, those remarks are fading, and in their place a new consideration of what "Senator Raese" might mean is growing across West Virginia.

West Virginia is taking a Raese/Byrd match-up seriously. Here's why.
Read the rest of the post why they are taking John Raese seriously. I find it most interesting in a political environment that thinks the Dems will steal GOP seats and has taken a Byrd win for granted. To me the best part is that even if Byrd wins again, a cahllenging election will take attention and resources away from other races.

Some readers here may not often think of West Virginia. My father and his family are from West Virginia, so I am very interested. With an exciting race shaping up, keep checking back now until November for the latest at Roman's blog. I am sure his local view will give more insight than the national news.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Malott said…

    I left a comment asking if there were any polls suggesting the race is close.

    If Byrd was given the heave-ho, it would be reminiscent of Birch Bayh's (Evan's father) loss to Dan Quayle in '80. I didn't think that was possible.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    1980 was the year of my baptism into politics. I was taking a political science coarse taught by my stepfather and combined with the run of Reagan it really came alive for me.

    I'm sure I read about Birch's loss, but the memory is not as clear as others. I would love to see Byrd go down, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home