The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Were the flowers better under the Clinton administration?

Happy Valentines Day to all. On the lighter side, I would like to rant about the sad shape of flowers. As usual I was looking to get some roses for Olive Oil for Val-Day and literally spent 30 minutes staring at the selection. There were about 40 dozen reds (the only ones I was interested in) and I looked at each at least twice and most 3-4 times. There is always, always at least one bad rose in each bunch. Our anniversary, Olive's birthday and Val-Day come 3 months right in a row. Each time the selection was bad. I was on the brink of grabbing the florist and demanding they take apart a few dozen to combine to make one decent dozen, when I saw a 99% good set. One rose was open just a bit more than I cared; otherwise it was nice.

I seem to remember a few years ago being able to find good flowers (without paying an arm and a leg at the florist). In fact, the florist is an arm and a leg and their selection was also garbage in December. I think it was during Clinton's administration when the flowers were so good. Don't say I never said anything good about Clinton.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AICS,

    The flowers were better during the Clinton administration because the weather was better. With increased global warming causing so many destructive hurricanes, how can we expect a Clintonesque rose garden to skip through on such an important holiday? Not only wsa the weather better; so were the music, the box office selection, and the TV listings (24 notwithstanding). Bush has definitely got to go, and maybe another Clinton in the White House in '08 will bring back the glory days of perfect roses on Valentine's Day. I'm sure Olive would agree.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    r2w
    Speaking of 24, I hear the unions think a 24 hour work day for these CTU government employees is too long. If they can gain some more power back by electing more Democrats in the fall elections I hear they will push for a shorter work day and they will be forced to change the name of the program to "12". If that happens, we can only expect to enjoy the program half as much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home