The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Winken Blinken and Nod

I have not had much time lately to post. Tonight I did not have time to watch the full State of the Union address. The portion that I did watch, I was quite distracted from what Bush was saying by the chronic batting of the eyes by Nancy Pelosi. The first time we heard the media refer to blink rate was during the presidential debate between Bush 41, Clinton and Perot. Since then high blink rate has been associated with dishonesty. I am going to predict that this will not be mentioned about Pelosi by the MSM. Not that I think it is necessarily a worthy subject for the MSM, but that they are inconsistent for when they find it worthy.

Pelosi blinked at a rate more than one blink per second. Bush must have felt a breeze at the back of his neck during his speech. Most of the speech you only saw Bush, Cheney and Pelosi. Hence the name of my post: Winken(Bush), Blinken (Pelosi) and Nod (Cheney). Cheney looked like he could use a Red Bull energy drink. Ah well, at least we don't have to look at Bill Frist.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Mojo_Risin said…

    I don't know about you, but I blink a lot when there's a breeze, or if the room is dry, or if I'm getting a cold, or if the lights are too bright, or if I've been awake too long, or sometimes just because...

    It's funny you mention this, though, because I saw a segment on either the Daily Show or Colbert Report about this... the score after around 30 seconds was 40+ blinks for Pelosi and 1 for Cheney. I don't know which freaks me out more -- someone who blinks a lot or an unblinking-robot-mannequin-demon! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home