The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Friday, February 02, 2007

Condi Rice Finally Ticks Off AICS

While it does not usually take much for Condi Rice to upset those of liberal persuasion, it is not until now that she has said something that really burns me up. Condi has predicted a win by the Colts over the Bears in this year's Super Bowl. Adding salt into the wound she claims it would be "a good thing". According to Reuters she said:
"I really like both Chicago and Indianapolis but I think Indianapolis is going to win it and that would be a good thing," said Rice, a longtime Cleveland Browns fan, when asked by reporters to predict the winner.
Hmmm. Sounds like she is claiming "some of her best friends" are Chicago Bears fans. It seems the upcoming game could threaten some longstanding alliances. For me, two of my closest blog friends are from Indiana (LA Sunsett and Chris Malott). I would like to wish them the best of luck in the game, but I am torn by my desire for the Bears to win. I guess the best we can do is to promise not to gloat too much if our team wins. I for one promise not to drive to Indianapolis and shoot my gun in the air. I do have some big fireworks we've been saving for a special occasion. I hope I get to use them. Go Bears!

8 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    RWA,

    Just as long as she is wrong about this one. I had a feeling I would be getting a comment like this and you didn't disappoint.

    Maybe for once we can be on the same side.

    Cheers.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger LA Sunset said…

    AICS,

    //Maybe for once we can be on the same side.//

    I never thought I'd see the day. You communist heathen, you.

    ;)

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger LA Sunset said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Malott said…

    When I was 9 years old I followed the NFL for the first time. In Indiana we always got the Bears game... and I started watching just in time to see Bill Wade, Joe Fortunato, Rosie Taylor, and the rest win the big one over Y.A. Tittle and the Giants - in '63.

    So my Bears roots go back further than my Colts'.

    The Bears are the team I pull for... but not when they play against Indy.

    Let's hope for a great, and close, game... and may the team with the best quarterback win.

    But I wouldn't place any bets... da' Bears are the type of team that gives Indianapolis fits.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    LA,

    I never thought I'd see the day. You communist heathen, you.

    I guess we have to add "Sports" to the list of items that make strange bedfellows.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    and may the team with the best quarterback win.

    I don't think I want to frame the outcome of the game that way. The I understand your reasoning. :)

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Condi did it again,,,, she is always right and, as a bears fan, that really frosts me. The good thing though is that she has kept her personal string of "correct calls" intact.

    Oh well, maybe next year.

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    hammer,

    I have to give Condi her due. She called it right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home