The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Radio Censorship Conspiracy?

I have found it odd and frustrating that when I drive one of my vehicles to work, the two conservative leaning talk radio stations go to static when I hit a certain point. I have about a 30 mile drive to work and when I am within 10 miles of work these two stations simply cannot be listened to. The two stations are WLS 890AM and WIND560AM.

Now this is not in any of the other 5 vehicles I have ever driven to work over the years, so I know it does not affect every radio. I simply find it odd that it does affect this radio. I did note that I am close to the WGN booster for some of this 10 mile stretch, but it does not seem to have an effect on any other AM stations. WGN is fine of course. The two news stations 780 and 670 are fine. The Catholic station is fine. The Hispanic station is fine. The sports station is fine. Even the liberal talk radio station is fine.

It is so frustrating to be deprived of what I want to listen to the last 10 miles of my trip. What is even more frustrating is that when I return after work, the static stays longer than the point it begins on my morning trip. I have to drive 15 miles back before I can turn it on and sometimes 560 takes 20 miles before I can hear that.

I don't know if this is some kind of conspiracy that targets a small enough number of radio types to stay under the radar, but large enough to keep some people from listening. It is simply amazing that all the other stations work just fine, but the conservative stations have a problem.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger SkyePuppy said…

    I suggest you check on ACORN's activities. They may have figured out a way to keep conservatives from receiving encouragement from talk radio as a way of throwing the election Obama's way.

    It's their Radio Airwave Disturbance In Commuter-Available Localities (RADICAL) program.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger LA Sunset said…

    I am not saying it is, but it could be jamming.

    When I was stationed in West Germany, jamming was a technique the East Germans used to interrupt our radio broadcasts when we were on NATO exercises, back in the late 70s. What we heard during this time was an awful static noise out of nowhere.

    If this is the case, there could be a device set up in this area to prevent radiowave transmissions from getting through. But, who knows? I would think this equipment would be quite expensive and could be traced. If so, it is a violation of federal law.

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger Jacob said…

    OMG TEH LIBERAL CENSORSHIPS!!

    PS. Normal people listen to music radio, AICS.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    LA,

    An awful static noise it is. I don't know. It only affects the one radio, but I'm sure if affects others.

    Jacob,

    Isn't it my right to be abnormal?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home