The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Democrats beat their chest too soon

Democrats are salivating over Bush's poll numbers. Power Line Blog lists the low point poll numbers of the last 7 presidents:

*Johnson: 35%
*Nixon: 24%
*Ford: 37%
*Carter: 28%
*Reagan: 35%
*Bush I: 29%
*Clinton: 37%

Compared to Bush's current poll numbers at 41% Bush is doing well. As most poll numbers (by large margins) see the legal pursuit of Delay, Rove and Frist as politically motivated even if more trouble comes these numbers are not likely to go down. Actually, I think that these lower numbers for Bush are timed and calculated like a big rubber band. The lower they go, the more it stretches for the sling shot effect just before the '06 elections.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Roman D. Stauffer said…

    Very good post. I had not seen those numbers before and am very glad you brought them to my attention.

    Thanks!

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    Hi Roman, long time since I heard from you. Glad you are still around. I keep checking out your blog, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home