The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Logic Lifeline 1 Year

Last May I began the Logic Lifeline. If my goal was to change the world, I haven't made a dent in it yet. No, my goal was to have an outlet to give my opinions to more than my family (who were probably getting tired of hearing it even if they do agree with me). I have enjoyed the experience so far for the most part. There has been good and bad. The good is making a few friends on both sides, expanding my horizons to think beyond the box I am in, to have some good posts appreciated with good comments, free grammar/spelling lessons and that feeling you get when have a good debate going. The bad is having fewer readers than hoped, not having the time to post all you want, being wrong a few times and having to apologize and persevering when the comments dry up.

Thanks to all who have read and/or commented this last year; whether I am on your daily, weekly, monthly or once in awhile reading list I appreciate your time. I hope this next year to build on the base I have begun and continue posting.


AICS

10 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger LA Sunset said…

    Congratulations mucho, sir.

    Know this, I would be willing to bet that you have far more readers, than are willing to comment. Don't get discouraged, when it appears to be running slow. You never know just who may stumble onto your site and gain some much needed perspective in something they didn't have before. They may not agree with you always, they may agree with you almost never. But, trust me when I tell you, you have the uncommon ability to make people think. That is something not everyone has the ability to do.

    And who knows? Someday you may have your blog read out loud by a bipolar, moody San Francisco radio talk-show host, a neurotic, delusional, and schizophrenic talk-show host on Air America, or someone, somewhere in between. ;)

    Good job, sir.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    LA, thanks for your kind comments. You have been one of my biggest encouragements.

    I hope my blog does get some mention from one of the big boys. That would be great fun.

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Joe Smoe: American Citizen said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Joe Smoe: American Citizen said…

    Congrats Spinach Boy!!!

    Your doing a great job, although we may not agree on all things you are willing to listen and let stand the posts that you disagree with unlike alot of other Blogs.

    I salute you!!!This is a GOOD blog,may your readership grow ..keep up the GREAT work!!!!

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    Joe,

    Thanks for your comments. You are my favorite from the other side. Your colorful dialogue is quite unique and can be both enjoyable and frustrating at the same time. Not sure how you pull that off. :)

    AICS

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It takes a lot of stuff (if you catch my meaning) to think out loud about contestable topics in front of strangers over an extended period of time. While I have not yet been turned to your way of thinking, through your writing I have a better insight into the way your team sees things. Thanks for the service.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger SkyePuppy said…

    Congratulations!

    I just found your blog (through Malott's Blog), so I'm a newbie here.

    Having just had my 1-yr blogiversary back in January, it's good to see other bloggers (especially the thinking kind) persevere.

    There's so little time for so much to say, and from what I've seen so far, you say it well.

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    paw and skyepuppy, thanks for the comments. I have enjoyed writing and hope to continue on.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home