The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Media mountain of trash - Part I


The media is continuing to hemorrage credibility with photo after photo after photo being exposed as fraudulant. Today Michelle Malkin with help from Gatewaypundit and Hot Air associates has two major case studies showing photos that go well beyond the terms "staged" and "doctored". The first photo from the New York Times website shows a young man from the Lebanon city of Tyre being pulled out of some war wreckage. The photo and caption gives the appearance the young man is dead. Michelle has other photos showing the same young man walking around in the rescue operation looking just fine. In addition to his looks he can be identified by his distinctive shorts and hat.

Even if the other photos of the man walking around did not exist, to the critical eye the photo is enough to show it is clearly staged. He has no apparant injuries that would cause death or even render him unconscious. He wears no shirt at all and he has no dust from any explosion on his chest. Neither his front in this photo or his back in later photos show any injury at all. He does, however, have cement dust on his hands - perhaps from moving things around to stage the scene? If you look at the surrounding wreckage that he is lying in, it is a very uncomfortable looking spot with jagged edges of this or that all over. If he fell where he was struck, he would simply land on the ground no matter how uncomfortable. Instead his back and legs are conveniently in places where the least or no pain or discomfort will be caused. His right foot seems to be pushing against something to keep the stone from digging into his back. The most obvious giveaway (that should have tipped the photo editor) is the young man's hat. We see him wearing it in other photos. Here it is neatly tucked in his arm as he lays "dead". If he was wearing it when the bombs struck, how did it get neatly in his arm? If he was holding it at the time, how did it remain in his arm and not fall to the ground?

Such an obvious fraud and the NYT "fell" for it. The next photo example will be added in Part II of this two-part series.

12 Comments:

  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anyone that has seen as many dead bodies as I have, can easily tell that man is not dead.

    Good job sir.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    LA, you have peaked my curiosity. One day you will need to tell me about it.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Merete said…

    LA, I would also love to hear why you have seen so many dead bodies? You really got my brain working on possible scenarios here. Please share!

    AICS, you post so many fake pictures of dead bodies here now, I feel kind of sick. How can journalists with a little bit of self respect manipulate images for profiting on it's sale? I feel like I have to throw up. It's more than enough dead bodies from all nationalities as it is. Show them some respect. Only stone cold people can do such things. It's a solution that never even would pop into my head. It's just sick.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    Merete what are you talking about. I haven't shown any dead bodies that I remember. For sure not recently. This one is not a dead body, so why do you have a problem with it? I have a problem with it because it is pure manipulation.

    How can journalists with a little bit of self respect manipulate images for profiting on it's sale?

    You are getting very close to realizing the truth here. Oh, so close. However, I cannot guarantee if they are self-respecting or not. As for manipulating for $$$ - no. They are manipulating to forward an agenda based on lies. Once you arrive at this obvious conclusion it will all make sense to you. It will take courage to realize that everything you believe is based on lies, though.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Joe Smoe: American Citizen said…

    All_I_Can_Stands said...
    It will take courage to realize that everything you believe is based on lies, though.

    4:45 PM


    I agree and the time is well overdue for all you GOP Faithful to realize that Bush and the IRaq war are a certified FAILURE. So with that said guys put down the cup of Koolaid and walk away.

    hahahaha!

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    Joe, you never fail to deliver. I knew when I wrote that what your reaction would be.

    The truth will come out eventually and I can guarantee you the bulk of it will be on my side.

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger LA Sunset said…

    First of all RWA, yes I did have the cahones to serve, and I did serve for 4 years.

    Lastly, there are certain professional career fields in which you see a dead body, now and then. Mine is one of them. I have seen them for 17 years.

    But the more important point in all of this is, the man's skin color is well-oxygenated. If the man were dead, his skin would have an ashen color to it. See one, you wee them all.

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger LA Sunset said…

    Correction. It should read:

    the man's skin color SHOWS HE is well-oxygenated.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger LA Sunset said…

    RWA,

    //FABULOUS!!!!!!!!, then you have previous experience and if you are not over 42...//

    Over 42. Well over.

    But what about you? Have you ever served? My guess is no.

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Bryan Alexander said…

    LAsunsett,
    Thanks for your service.

    RWA,
    I'm waiting for your answer to LAsunsett's question. Have you ever served? You make such a big deal about "Wing nuts" who have not served in the military. Answer the question.

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Merete said…

    Ja, ja, ja... I mixed it up a bit here, was visiting another blog with dead bodies all over so after I published it I saw it was a bit wrong. Knew you would arrest me on it though..

    What are you saying, that everything I belive in is based upon lies? Now I think it's your turn to mix up here. I do NOT support Bush! Last time I checked it was HIS policies that were all LIES and BS propaganda.

    Now, that didn't take any courage at all!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    Merete,

    Just having fun with you. But the fact is that since we are opposite in our beliefs, one of us believes things based on lies. Unless truth isn't absolute. I think it is absolute and there is only one truth so either you or me are absolutely wrong.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home