The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Post Games Notes

Super Bowl XLI is over and the Bears lost. The AICS household is very disappointed. Here are some thoughts and notes on the result of the game:

- Congrats to the Colts. I was on the winning side 21 years ago and know how it feels.
- Congrats to my Indy blog friends, especially LA and Malott.
- Condi was right. Sigh.
- Unlike many Chicago critics, I think this was a team loss and not a Grossman loss. True he made a few blunders, but after the first great quarter the entire team was lackluster.
- I would urge the Bears to stick with Grossman. He will be a great QB. I have seen too many QB's get traded to other teams and become very good. One or two more years under his belt and Grossman will be a great QB. Hopefully for the Bears.
- That first punt return TD by Hester was a great moment. I nearly lost my voice on the first play.
- Congrats to the Bears for getting this far!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Incognito said…

    Sorry about your loss! Not that I watched the game. Probably the only one in the U.S. who didn't. ah well!

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    Thanks. Unless the Bears are in it I usually don't watch it either. Maybe a few minutes here and there.

    I have no idea how the basketball season is going, but I never really got into the Bulls even at the height of their winning streak. So I guess the next stop is Go Cubs!

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Malott said…

    With that defense Chicago will perennially shine. I agree about Grossman - young - but a keeper.

    For so many years Chicago had a great defense and a mediocre-to-poor passing game. Then came McMahon - what an amazing season that was - so many stories, the Fridge, Sweetness, Super Bowl Shuffle... Classic.

    Last night... I think America could be proud that the two classiest coaches in the NFL met in the biggest game of the year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home