The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Primary Political Terrain Shifting

I have always thought that the way our election primaries are conducted is wrong. I can't quite put my finger on it, but to give Iowa and New Hamshire first crack at deciding who our next president might be seems odd. The fact that people are such lemmings and are influenced to vote the same as previous states is quite frustrating. States have been shifting their primary dates around to gain more influence in the decision. California recently shifted their date early and now Florida is considering moving their primary up to January 29th! You can read about it in the Sun-Sentinel here. Personally I would like to have ALL of the primaries on one day. While I am giving my preferences I really wish that prior to that day the media would restrain itself from conducting polls. Now that would be a fun primary. It might even get more people involved. Of course, I am only interested in informed people voting as that would yield the best result. It would be great if more people became informed and more informed people voted.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger SkyePuppy said…

    It would be great if there were more dead Republicans voting than dead Democrats, but that might be too much to ask...

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    Or if the GOP could vote in as many different states as the DEMS do

     

Post a Comment

<< Home