The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Monday, June 20, 2005

Durbin in logic meltdown

Senator Durbin (who I am ashamed to say is from my homestate) has outrageously compared men and women in uniform to some of the worst regimes in history and then claims he is not criticizing them. He says:

"To suggest I'm criticizing American servicemen, I am not. I don't know who was responsible for this. But the FBI agent made this report ... I was attributing this form of interrogation to repressive regimes. Now sadly we have a situation here where some in the right wing media have said that I've been insulting men and women in uniform. Nothing could be further from the truth. I respect men and women in the uniform."

Who does he think is doing the interrogations? Since military personnel are doing them, and he claims he is not insulting them logically we must assume that he is praising them and the regimes he compares them to. For those that think I am off base here are the logical steps slowly:

1) Military personnel are conducting interrogations of Gitmo prisoners (these would be men and women in uniform conducting or overseeing this)
2) Durbin compares interrogation techniques to atrocities under Nazis, Pol Pot, etc.
3) Durbin claims he is not insulting them and that he has respect for them.
4) Durbin must appreciate and respect those named regimes that committed atrocities.


Now I do not believe he has high regard for Pol Pot and company, but his statements are showing what a dim bulb he is and he really is beneath such a prestigious position as US Senator. The lack of rebukes from members of his party show once again that with them the party comes before the reputation of the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home