The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Friday, March 03, 2006

FOX almost makes you feel sorry for CNN

Media Beistro has the 25-54 Demographic numbers for cable news. You can look at the whole document, but here are the top 14:
FOXN THE OREILLY FACTOR
FOXN THE FOX REPORT W/S.SMITH
FOXN HANNITY & COLMES
FOXN SPECIAL REPORTW/BRIT HUME
FOXN FOX AND FRIENDS
FOXN ON THE RECORD W/GRETA
FOXN FOX & FRIENDS FIRST
FOXN YOUR WORLD W/NEIL CAVUTO
FOXN STUDIO B W/S.SMITH
CNN LARRY KING LIVE
FOXN FOX NEWS LIVE
FOXN DAYSIDE
FOXN THE BIG STORY W/J GIBSON
CNN ANDERSON COOPER 360
It takes getting all the way down to #10 to even see a non-FOXN show, and its Larry King. I think CNN excutives must crawl out of their atheistic hole every day and pray that Larry's vitamin supplements he continually hawks keep working. After Larry, you need to skip over 3 more FOXN shows to get down to the elf Anderson Cooper. Cooper's numbers have been consistently lower than his yawn inducing predecessor Aaron Brown. I have been wondering why they still keep him. Hey, after the vitamin popper, he's the best thing CNN has going for them.

I would love to be in the CNN board meeting after this report comes out. What do they claim is the problem? How do they propose to fix it? There are two things they console themselves with. First, Fox numbers year over year have decreased while theirs have increased. They are still getting stomped, but just a wee bit less stomped. Of course when election season hits, you will see Fox numbers go up considerably. Second, CNN has been ignoring FOX's stomping them on total viewers and pointing to demographic. While they may cheer improvement in demo, the list above takes a lot of wind out of those sails.

I have mentioned before that I am rooting on MSNBC to take over the #2 spot. MSNBC has made good strides in the last few years. I think it all started when we invaded Afganistan. They had great coverage at the time. Their shows also are very interesting and do not carry the "I need some prune juice" aura that CNN does. Olbermann and Matthews make no bones about their political leanings and I like that. One thing I do not understand is why Scarborough does not do better. I really like his show. He does an excellent job in interviews. He is #26 on the Demo list.

Another interesting report from the Media Beistro. I really love that website and glad it is there. I think it helps us keep our finger on the pulse of America to determine interest and direction.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger LA Sunset said…

    I saw these numbers at Drudge the other day.

    I took the CNN tour in October when I was in Atlanta. The tour guide seemed be confined to telling that CNN was the first in this and the first in that, but never was able to say number one, in anything.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Malott said…

    In my area in Indiana CNN comes with the most basic satellite package. You have to buy a more expensive package to get Fox News Channel... If that's nation wide, then it makes the numbers even more impressive.

    I too am surprised that Scarborough Country doesn't do better. I prefer it over the arguing on Hannity & Colmes.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    I think when I checked out satellite a couple of years ago that was the case. CNN came with basic, but Fox came with the next level up. For cable in my area, though, both come with basic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home