The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Stop wasting time with symbolism

Along with the immigration debate there has been a lot of dialogue about singing the national anthem in another language. While I would oppose the use of this in an official function, there are many forums I would have no problem. If the Hispanic Caucus had a dinner and began singing this in Spanish, I think that would be very appropriate. My point is that we spent 8 long years under Bill Clinton's Administration that paid a lot of attention to symbolism instead of substance. It is too much of a reminder when I hear people of my political persuasion doing the same thing. It also wastes valuable time to discuss the real issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home