The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It is a good thing the rest of the world cares about Palestinian kids


Little Green Footballs blog is posting on an interesting picture. The focus there is on an initial photo release and then a subsequent resubmission that removes cropping. The photo itself cropped or not is worth posting about. It shows a Palestinian fighter shooting at Israel while being surrounded by other men and several young boys.

We have seen quite a lot of reaction around the world when the children of Palestine or Lebanon are hurt or killed when they are caught in a military strike. I have stated many times about the tactics of Hezbollah and Hamas fighting right next to residential areas, hospitals and schools. Here is a powerful photo of a fighter right out in the open fighting next to children. So I think it is good that well intentioned people around the world care about Palestinian children because from this photo it is obvious that the Palestinians have no regard for their own children.

If I looked out of my window and saw my kid standing next to a gunmen firing at the enemy I would go out and at the least box the gunman's ears for endangering my child. At worst I would do severe bodily harm. In fact I have bellowed at fools who have done things that put my kids in harms way, though their life was not in danger. Why do these people not likewise care for their own? I am sure I will be jumped on by some declaring adamantly that they certainly do care about their kids. You cannot tell by this photo, though.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:55 AM, Blogger Jacob said…

    Maybe it's my natural scepticism, but how do we know who this man was firing at? Those kids at the back look pretty happy about the day's events, they don't look very terrified for their life.

    Jus' saying.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    FKAB,

    The description that AP had with the photo read:

    RETRANSMITTING ORIGINAL FULL FRAME FOR CONTEXT TO SHOW THAT PEOPLE IN BACKGROUND ARE NOT DIRECTLY IN THE LINE OF FIRE — A Palestinian militant fires toward Israeli troops during an arrest raid in the West Bank village of Qabatiyeh near Jenin, Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2006. Four Palestinians were wounded when the army arrested an Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades militant, Palestinians sources said. The army said two Islamic Jihad militants were arrested during the operation. (AP Photo/Mohammed Ballas)

    Since the photographers name is Mohammed Ballas, I don't think he can be accused of being a Zionist pig either. (If I don't say that somebody is going to be claiming it is skewed by the Zionist media - which I have yet to see evidence of)

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    RWA,

    The weapons we provide are for their defense. Without them, the chances of their survival would be much less. I'm sure that would be just fine with you, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home