The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11 Tribute Highlights

There are many who want September 11th to return to a normal day. They chafe against the Tributes and Remembrances wishing they would just go away. These people need to realize that over 60 years later, we still remember Pearl Harbor and for decades to come we will remember September 11th. This year my tribute is to highlight some of the better tributes I have read. I am sure that there are many, many good ones out there; but these are my selections:

Here is my Pictorial Tribute from last year that shows my collection of artistic drawings done by people around the country and submitted to Marvel Comics. The power of this artwork is amazing, and brings me to tears every year when I look at them. I wish I could give direct credit to the artists, but I did not have a blog when I captured them, nor knew that I would need their names some day.

I draw attention to CNN's tribute for a few reasons. It was a stronger tribute than FoxNews.com provided, so I appreciated that. It was a pretty well written piece that had no hint of any of the conspiracy nonsense. I also appreciated one small section:
The total number of victims killed at the World Trade Center site is 2,750. Forty were killed in Pennsylvania and 184 died at the Pentagon. Those numbers do not include the 19 hijackers.
There is nothing more disgusting than when casualty numbers include the hijackers. My kudos to CNN for leaving these murderous losers out.

Michelle Malkin has an excellent tribute consisting of pictures and video. She also has a picture of an Arabic phrase that means "I Will Not Submit". While there are many here in the US and abroad in Europe who seem willing to fall under the dominance of Sharia law, there are many of us who will resist such a takeover to the end.

The Blond Sagacity Blog's tribute makes the claim that "Six Years Later We Have Forgotten and Haven't Learned a Thing". Sad words, but true for many; especially those who want to put their politics above national security and national interests. There is a rundown of terrorist attacks from the 1979 hostage crisis in Iran to the London bomb attacks of 2005.

Finally, my blog friend LASunsett shows that a tribute can be simple and still do the job.

I remember where I was when the second plane hit and realized it was no accident. I remember the exact position in the building where I work when I saw the first tower collapse. They had set up a few TV's in various places and were showing coverage of the attacks. As more news kept coming in of the Pentagon attack and the downing of United Flight 93, the day became solidly ingrained in my mind. I normally hear and see 3 to 4 airplanes flying by as I walk from my office building to my car. I remember the silence of the skies for weeks afterward when they stopped all air traffic. I regret that I did not go to see Ground Zero when I had a chance to do so. I will never forget and as Michelle says, I will never submit.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Incognito said…

    I am a true believer in moving on, but in this case... no way. and that's the problem... people have forgotten the significance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home