The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Please Go Green So I Don't Have to Turn Blue

Most times that I go out to a dining or entertainment establishment, I am amazed at how COLD they keep the temperature. I brought my son to I-Hop Friday night and by the time I left, I was chilled to the bone. This is very common in other restaurants, in movie theaters, in stores at amusement parks and many other establishments. What is the deal? I estimate they keep the temps anywhere between 55-65F. While I am able to tolerate these temps, it is very uncomfortable. My wife, however, practically needs a hypothermia blanket. Many times we are out, she jumps in a hot bath to warm her core. I prefer 75 but would be ok with 70 or above.

All the establishments across the country that combined could be saving a lot of energy by laying off the excess air conditioning. I am not advocating Obama putting on a sweater and pushing for government to regulate our thermostats. With a little common sense we could self-regulate. I am the kind of person that can be comfortable in a temperature range. I just know when I turn blue, it is time for somebody to go green.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger SkyePuppy said…

    I always bring a sweater or jacket for the movie theater and restaurants. Just in case...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home