The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Monday, May 18, 2009

American Idol Finale - 2009

Tuesday night we will more than certainly see great performances by the the finalists Adam Lambert and Kris Allen. Most know by now that Adam Lambert is gay. I for one could care less. Issues of morality do not interest me when it comes to entertainment. We have had a number of gay contestants on American Idol and none of them have had the talent it takes to win. Adam does. If Adam does win it, he will be deserving of the recognition of his singing and performance talents.

I will say that in the past few weeks, I have not been as impressed by Adam as in weeks before. His high, piercing notes (as his tongue flies out) was pretty impressive the first few times but has been overused. Adam had such strong performances in the first half of the season I think it was hard to top. Kris on the other hand has been growing each week in his performances. I for one was quite irritated with some of his early output. I was even more irritated that the judges and my wife did not share my opinion. About two weeks ago, though, I began to see strong promise and actually began pulling for him. I really did not care who would be the top two as the top three were fantastic.

In summary, I am neutral on the gay issue. I will not share the world's shock, however, if Kris pulls off an upset. Adam has been static or sinking for several weeks, while Kris' star has been rising. I just hope we don't have to hear a bunch of claims of homophobia if Kris does win.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 4:46 AM, Anonymous American Idol Finale 2009 said…

    both are very talented but i think Adam would win it.

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm all for Kris. Adam is like one of those dog whistles, so high pitch I WISH only my dog could hear it.

    Just wondering why the statements about the gay issue if it doesnt matter to you. Sure sounds like you have gay issues... Do you really think that homophobia does not exist in this country? With a comment like yours (below) it is certain that homophobia will play SOME part...

    "I just hope we don't have to hear a bunch of claims of homophobia if Kris does win."

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    pls tell me WHO FKING WON?!?!?

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    There are many people with gay issues. I don't believe I do, however, I am sure some would disagree. My sole position on gays is: Don't throw your sexuality in my face and don't expect special treatment.

    I addressed the gay issue because it is contemporary - there have been several news stories out there (by people i am certain do not have gay issues) asking if America is ready for a gay American Idol. My comments were in response to that.

    My quote is a prediction if Adam is not selected because I think most consider him the best over the whole season.

    Zabasearch is predicting Adam to win. We will know tonight.

    http://www.zabasearch.com/ai_stats.php

    Thanks for your comments.

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Anonymous coffee fan said…

    it was nice to *see* Megan Joy again, wasn't so nice to hear her again... reminded me of how glad i was to see some of those "top 13" get voted off

     

Post a Comment

<< Home