The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

CNN experiences a Brown out

CNN annoounced today that Aaron Brown is leaving the network and that his hour will be replaced with a second hour of Anderson Cooper. I have a hard time thinking this is a net gain for CNN. In a former post we saw Brown with ratings of 687,000 and Cooper with a little better 766,000. If we apply the law of diminished returns, the second hour of Cooper will likely be less than the 687,000 mark.

I for one will not miss Aaron Brown. Nothing personal against him, I was just bored to tears with his droning delivery. However, I like Cooper even less. It is difficult to watch his elvish face and take the news seriously. Now that he is in essence replacing Brown, I suspect he will fall prey to the temptation of "trying too hard".

While on the topic of CNN, what is with Paula Zahn's voice? I used to watch her on Fox News and do not remember her chronically stuffed nasal passages then. Paula grew up in my neck of the woods, so I hope there is nothing wrong healthwise or otherwise. Ratings check in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home