The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Finally somebody explains it

Sometimes you hear or read a phrase over and over again. Each time you listen very closely to the context to try and finally grasp what in the world they are all talking about. Each time it eludes you, but you keep trying to figure it out as frustration mounts.

Such has been the case with the phrase "Jump the shark". I keep reading it in blogs and hearing it on the radio. So far I had not been able to figure it out. I thought it had the idea of avoiding something really big. Was I ever wrong.

Finally, somebody has come out with the explanation of both the origins and what it means. Head on over to the American Spectator where writer Jeffrey Lord both gives the rundown on the phrase AND throws in the bonus of claiming that Joe Wilson has "Jumped the Shark".

Enjoy.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger SkyePuppy said…

    Thanks for that. I've been wondering about shark-jumping for a long time. Now I know (I stopped watching Happy Days long before it stooped that low).

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Jacob said…

    That's funny. I've seen that episode and it was... a bit lame.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home