The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Monday, September 08, 2008

Matter and Anti-Matter Almost Touch

My wife and I are always amazed that as many airports and flights that we go on, we never really run into any celebrities. About 7 years ago we saw our first 'celebrity' in an airport - Jesse Jackson. We said hello to him and he just looked the other way and walked on by with his bodyguard.

Last December we met somebody named Kalani who is a huge Celebrity in Hawaii, but probably nobody knows him outside the state.

Saturday we saw another 'celebrity' at the airport. At the last minute we had to go to Indianapolis for the day. On our return I was walking through the airport and see this guy talking on his cell phone. I did not get a good look, but I thought he looked familiar. I turned around and he looked right at me and smiled. I realized it was George Stephanopoulos. I told my wife and she got a good look at him and agreed. We hung around a few minutes waiting for him to get off the phone to talk to him. Unfortunately, he stayed on the phone and began walking toward his plane. He did drop his pen and I went back and picked it up and handed it to him. There was somebody with him that I think was a bodyguard. He looked a bit nervous when I walked toward George, but I held up the pen and he relaxed.

So, though we radically disagree on most things I thought it was kind of cool. Handing him the pen it came pretty close there for matter and anti-matter to touch. Wow, the world was at risk twice in one week (this and the new super-collider).

I wonder which celebrity I will meet next? Probably Al Franken.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Tsofah said…

    AICS: It looks like Al Franken may be a Senator after this fall. (now THAT's a scarey thought! lol)

    Congrats on meeting G.S. He really does appear to be a down to earth type of person in general.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger SkyePuppy said…

    You know, that super-collider isn't up to speed yet. They're still making sure all the equipment works. I haven't seen any announcements yet about when they're going to try to destroy the earth with their own mini black hole. I'm so glad you didn't destroy life as we know it before the scientists got the chance to do it themselves.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    tsofah, yes though we disagree, he seems to be a nice guy.

    skyepuppy, I was hoping I wouldn't be busted on the details. Yeah, they didn't collide any particles. Just raced them around the track. Hey, the media sensationalized the test so I went with it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home