The Logic Lifeline

A logical approach to sorting out world events. Where logic, opinion and speculation are combined to produce a reasoned, but entertaining reading experience. The unofficial hometown conservative blog of Woodridge, Il

Friday, January 13, 2006

Lucky to be alive!

I posted recently about taking Chip to Benihana for his birthday. Here is a story of a man that died from visiting the same place. Apparently when he went, the chef during his cooking act let a shrimp fly at the man accidentally. Instead of opening his mouth to catch it, he ducked and wrenched his neck. The injury required surgery and complications caused the man's death.

I'm sure this is somehow Bush's fault. I feel lucky to have survived going to such a war-zone! Next time I go, maybe I will bring some protective gear. Nah, I'll just open my mouth if a shrimp comes flying at me. Hopefully the quick journey will cool it off.

Apparently the man's family is suing Benihana for $10 million. I wonder if a sign posted at the door that says "Watch for flying shrimp" would have limited their liability. As usual, we see that truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger LA Sunset said…

    I wonder, will the plaintiffs' argument include, "shrimp were never meant to fly, that's why they swim"?

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger All_I_Can_Stands said…

    I am sure it will be creative.

    Here is an observation. Have you ever noticed how bombastic TV lawyers are, but when you watch TV they are so dry and boring. I know TV embellishes, but the descrepancy is amazing here.


    When I hold meetings, I try to keep them upbeat, fast paced and interesting. Others don't seem to think that is important.

    Why is being dull so acceptable in today's society. Just look at the Senate.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home